LDYC Round the Island Race 2012
Directions to Lake Deneys Yacht Club (LDYC) and Road Construction Warnings
GPS Location S26 54.822 E028 05.750
1 West Street, off Union Road, Deneysville, 1932
Telephone 016 371 1393 Cell 082 856 1597
· Take the M! South towards Johannesburg past Midrand, Sandton (departing Johannesburg directions begin), Corlett Drive, Killarney, and Braamfontein (Johannesburg City Centre on left).
· Follow the signs to the N1 South (Bloemfontein). Pass signposted landmarks such as Gold Reef City and Xavier Road.
· Go through the Grasmere Plaza and pay R13.
· Pass the Sebokeng / Randfontein offramp.
· Take the Sasolburg/Vanderbijlpark offramp (R57).
· Proceed towards Sasolburg R57.
· At the 4-way stop turn left onto the R549 signposted Deneysville. You will see a sign that says Deneysville 19 kms.
· After 19kms. turn right into Deneysville and follow the main road down to the t-junction.
· Turn right on Union Road.
· Follow the road – it will turn sharply left. Carry straight on and you will arrive at Lake Deneys Yacht Club’s gate.
Another route from the Pretoria and Johannesburg areas is down the R59. Then choose to travel via Henley-on-Klip or Meyerton or Sasolburg.
If the Deneysville off ramp is taken on the R59, it will lead into the R716 (road past Lethabo Power Station and Groenpunt Prison to Deneysville), which is currently under construction and motorists experience long delays as, in some sections, vehicles are only allowed through one directional lane at a time in batches.
On arrival in Deneysville proceed straight down the Main Road to the t-junction at the end. This is a dirt road - turn right and follow the road - sharp turn to the left, proceed straight through to LDYC's gates.